I’m a big fan of the Beyonce’s Lemonade album and the emotionally liberating book I read that reminded me of how good lemons are called The Clarity Cleanse by Dr. Habib Sadeghi (where the lemon water is part of the Intentional Unsaturation Diet Plan that I got into so much that it has become a regular part of my meals.)
I am a believer exerting continued efforts to being well and staying well. So recently, I started making lemon water in a big batch. I love how energizing it is when consumed early in the morning instead of a caffeine beverage.
Benefits of Lemon Water:
- It’s a good source of vitamin C
- It’s hydrating than drinking plain water
- Great for the skin
- Aids in digestion
- It helps prevent kidney stones. The citric acid in lemons help combat development of new calcium stones
- It helps flush out toxins from our system
- It has antibacterial properties that can help with sore throat and other respiratory related symptoms
I would usually just squeeze the lemon on a cup of water and call that lemon water. Reading from The Clarity Cleanse book, I learned that boiling it with the skin on is actually better and more nutritious.
How to make Lemon Water:
- Bring 3 liters of water to a rolling boil
- Wash and chop lemons
- Drop the lemons to the boiling water and cover for 5 minutes
- Turn the heat off and let it steep for 15 more minutes
- Serve some for yourself and have the rest throughout the day.
- Strain before transferring to a glass pitcher.
I put the rest of the lemon water in a mason jar. Next time I’ll put it in a good thermos to keep it warm.